Working & Learning Together
AATA's APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM IS THE ONLY NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED NDT APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM IN THE U.S.
Apprentices gain their education and on the job training in parallel, increasing their value to the company at completion.
Government funds pay for the education modules. On-the-job training (OJT) at the employer's facility means the highest level of effectiveness on the job.
AATA has worked closely with the US Department of Labor to create a program that’s a win-win for all.
ADVANTAGES FOR THE APPRENTICE
- AATA’s students are being trained on the latest NDT Technology (most NDT schools/ training facilities do not offer AATA’s scope of instruction for advanced techniques (i.e. UT Phased Array, Computed Radiography)
- Potential to receive College Credit towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Job stability, a structured career plan and professional development training
- Apprentices receive a recognized credential
- Certification of Completion
- Community College or Adult School Completion Certificate
ADVANTAGES FOR THE EMPLOYER
- Companies can enroll external or internal employees and design a training plan specific to company needs.
- AATA is a reliable recruiting source to obtain diverse NDT candidates, as we recruit veterans, minorities, women and the disadvantaged, and train them to your company needs
- Increased productivity, reduces the cost of high labor turnover and vehicle to ensure efficient succession planning as employees show high morale and loyalty when in a training program that offers upward mobility through career development.
- Partnering with AATA and attending any event will count towards your Affirmative Action/ Outreach efforts
- AATA’s mission is to produce NDT leaders by providing not only technical but professional development training to prepare our students for success in the workplace
NDT APPRENTICESHIP COURSES
AATA Courses meet or exceed SNT-TC-1A Latest Edition and NAS 410 Rev 4.
All of our students have free memberships with the American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT)
- Magnetic Particle Levels I & II, 40 hours
- Penetrant Testing Levels I & II, 40 hours
- Ultrasonic Testing Level I, 40 hours
- Ultrasonic Testing Level II, 40 hours
- UT Phased Array Level I. 40 hours
- UT Phased Array Level II, 40 hours
- Radiation Safety, 40 hours
- Radiographic Testing Level I, 40 hours
- Radiographic Testing Level II, 40 hours
- Computed Radiography, 40 hours
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE IN CA THROUGH THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF APPRENTICESHIP STANDARDS
A training program developed by AATA, an employer that is registered with the State of California in cooperation with a local education partner (LEA), to provide classroom instruction, while the employer (sponsor) trains the apprentice on the job
This year, AATA was awarded a $1,000,000 grant from the California Apprenticeship Initiative under the distinction of "New and Innovative Programs".